IPP Early Career Theory Fellowship
The Institute of Particle Physics Early Career Theory Fellowship is designed to enable outstanding theory PhD students and postdocs to be present for a period between two weeks and six months at an international university, laboratory, or institute. The purpose of the fellowship is to encourage scientific collaboration between theorists in Canada and those abroad, and also to enhance the career prospects of the junior researcher.
The inaugural competition is in autumn 2019, with results announced in November. Future annual competitions, starting in 2020, will occur in the spring.
In order to apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed Early Career Theory Fellowship Application Form (PDF), with budget;
- Applicant CV;
- Letter of recommendation from applicant supervisor (one page or less); and
- Letter of support from host supervisor (one page or less).
The application deadline for the 2019 program is Friday, 11 October 2019.
Successful applicants are required to submit a report detailing the scientific activities of the fellowship within 60 days of its completion. The reports will be published on the IPP website.
- The maximum award is CAD $10,000;
- The applicant may not have spent more than twelve months at the visiting institution during the previous three years;
- The applicant’s supervisor must be an NSERC-funded IPP member; and
- At most two fellowships will be awarded per institution per year.
Questions should be directed via e-mail to Daniel Stolarski at email@example.com.